Mission Map

Monday, January 6, 2014

Merry Christmas


The highlight of our Christmas was skyping with Elder Wilson!!! He sounds great and is doing well. He spoke a little Finnish for us and entertained us with his adventures!!
I don't remember the week exactly haha but I'm pretty sure it's been 9? Well we had a crazy week! So Elder Wood got in on Wednesday, he is a super cool guy from Oklahoma. He's been here about a year and he's super in to working out so he has all these weights with him so we have been working out together every day haha so it's fun! Thursday night we headed up to Oulu for our zone conference. It was a lot of fun! We slept up there in the chapel with all the other elders and even got to play a little risk! Then had zone conference all Thursday which was great! President Rawlings is amazing, he just talked to us all day about stuff but then we missed our train to go back home haha so we all slept in Oulu one more night then headed back Friday Morning. 
I got to meet some of the new elders that just came in so that was fun! One of them is being trained in Pietarsaari which is the swedsih speaking city so the poor kid doesn't even know if the people are speaking Finnish or Swedish with his companion hahaha Unfortunately, missionary work was a little slow last week and will be this week as well. Almost all of our investigators are out of town or have guests over for Christmas. The Burmese family has been in the proccess of moving to a new house so they have been busy too but they are still doing great. The twelve year old reads the book of mormon every single day and prays every morning and night! They are slowly all progressing and learning more so things are awesome with them! Other investigators have been dropping like crazy though which is sad but we're working hard out here and trying our best. We have a couple solid potential investigators that we want to check out this week as well. So tomorrow we are taking a train up to Vaasa around 2 and we are going with the Vaasa elders to our Branch President's house to spend Christmas Eve with them! I'm so excited! They have like 4 kids and a few grandkids so it will be super fun! We will get to see a real legit Finnish Christmas. I haven't actually had the chance to eat reindeer yet but I have eaten some moose wich was pretty dang good haha They do a lot of Elk and Moose hunting up here so the Pietarsaari branch mission leader killed a bunch of Moose and gave them some meat and they let me try it, it was delicious. So then on Christmas day we are going to this members house who lives in the Vaasa branch, he is this super cool swedish guy and he has a couple kids and he will let us skype and everything from his house so I will skype at 5 pm my time mom! So then on the 26th its called boxing day so we're also not allowed to proselyte on that day either so we are going up to one of the members houses in our branch and we will hang out with them most of that day. So this week will probably be a little slow with actual missionary work but it should be a lot of fun! We're even going to play some risk in Vaasa haha so I can't wait! Well I can't wait to skype all of you! I love you all and hope you have a fantastic Christmas celebration! I am going to open up all of my christmas gifts tonight too so that I can tell you how much I love it all on skype, O and I got a package from Aunt Shelly so tell her thank you so much and that I love her! 
HYVÄ JOULUA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment